Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Permanent Non-Eraseable Alternative to IMDB


Since IMDB decided it's a really bright idea to delete the message boards from existence, which by the way were built and grown by people all over the world over a course of many many years, and which turned out to be a unique world resource of information and experiences, I decided to create this "blog" post in immediate response.

By this very stupid move from IMDB, millions of voices are being silenced today.  It's a clear slap in the face to millions of people and a blatant disregard for basic human decency.  Let's make sure something like this can never happen AGAIN.


Solution: 

I have the skills needed to create a good alternative to IMDB, one which can NOT be destroyed by individuals and which can not fall into the hands of tyranny; but since I have no resources of my own, I need someone out there willing to COMMIT a small amount of resources constantly (mainly money) over the course of perhaps a couple of years, in order to achieve this dedicated objective for ALL of us.  The technology for such a project exists.  I created it many years back for my personal laboratory use, and now I'm willing to adjust it entirely for this project alone.

I am determined and ready to dedicate myself for several years (if necessary) to complete this goal.  I think I can do all the technical work alone, so this effort can be completed by myself or with a very small team.  This is a very serious proposition.  All it takes is a handful of very determined individuals, maybe even just two.

The money issue shouldn't be a very significant factor here, since basically we'd be covering monthly expenses for a one-man effort or for a very very small team.  This means that one individual with a good job or several individuals with regular jobs and some spare money for this project can cover the financial aspect of it quite easily.

If YOU or anyone you know can do this and is very disappointed over IMDB's decision, please contact me immediately and let's get this show on the road.  Much talking doesn't move things forward, in my opinion, so I'm keeping this message short.  If your financial situation doesn't allow you to work on this project but you would like to contribute somehow, you can help me right now by spreading the word around and telling others who may be able to help me instead.  You can also drop me a note to keep contact; once things are running, we may need help from people with internet connections in the future, at least for testing purposes, so keep in touch.

Let's do something about this!

Feel free to post any comment(s) or suggestions right below.
How to contact me:

1)  Leave a message right below with contact information if possible.
2)  email.  Use a temporary email address and post it in the comments and I'll reach you through it as soon as I can.
3)  Use my temporary email address chrstms33 at gm... and reach me directly.
4) I'll try to make a couple of craigslist posts to this effect.  You can try to reach me there if you can find the posts.

Spammers and scammers, stay AWAY.  This is a very serious effort and it would be a waste of your time to even try to bother me.  Snakes in the grass, stay AWAY.  I'll be able to figure you out.

Cheers everyone.
IMDB shot itself in the back.

cm33
jsii
j2 

8 comments:

  1. Count me IN! I'm sending you an email right away, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for this effort. I have no job or money to offer, but I just wanted to come here and thank you for doing something about this IMDb abuse against users all over the world. Thank you. Thank you as well for being kind and allowing me to leave a comment without having to register anywhere. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, cm33. I hope you can get some good recruits. They're out there, I know that. One problem, with all due respect: what if you drop dead [insert laugh emoticon]? A team is necessary; for illness, vacations, personal matters, just having a life. I wish you the best of luck, wish I had the skills to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous one and two, THANK YOU for coming here and expressing your support. Communication is underway, thanks. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you john. You can still help me if you want to, by telling others about this work. Bad things could happen but we do our best, right? The team had better make sure I'm happy and healthy. This is big work, folks. If we pull this off, we'll be doing us all an incredible service. Lots of things are happening already. Cheers. (had to edit this comment for coherence. I've had little sleep)

      Delete
  5. Thank you john. You can still help me if you want to by telling others about this work. Bad things could happen but we do our best, right? The team had better make sure I'm happy and healthy. This is big work folks. If we pull this off, we'll be doing us all an incredible service. Lots of things are happening already. Cheers. (had to edit this comment for coherence. I've had little sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm just as concerned over what is and will be lost and never recovered, as I am concerned about what can be built brand new from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of us are concerned that same way, Anonymous. That's why somebody's got to do something. Personally I say that something new and BETTER can be built based on the current infrastructure, and I say its creation is long overdue. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete